13.1.12

day job




January has found me in front of my computer screen, a years worth of accounts have been put in order and I now have to put on my day job hat as I have two packaging projects to do.  I will be up to my ears in yoghurt and apple crumble for the next couple of weeks. After that I may get out and see what 2012 looks like!

Over the years I have done my fair share of own brand packaging for Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer, so this book was a must for my Christmas stocking, Own Label compiled by Jonny Trunk, a nostalgic look at the basic but beautiful, graphic output of Sainsbury's design studio from the 60's and 70's. Those happy days before barcodes, nutrition panels, GDA's, recycling guidelines, five a day, freefrom, EU, organic logos, use by, sell by, best before........

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this book before but have ummed and ahhed over getting it, is it really interesting? I do get a little excited by packaging in supermarkets...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely worth it if you are:
      a. a child of the 70's
      b. a fan of the sans serif and colour block

      V x

      Delete
  2. This book looks terrific...I'm a super fan of packaging and food labels; I should find it! :-)
    Thanks a lot for sharing Virginia;

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Jane Foster's blog, loved it and thought about putting it on my Amazon wish list for Christmas, but the rest of the family find my wish list obscure enough at the best of times, I think this would have finished them off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to say,this book managed to find its way into my stocking at Christmas. Obviously its a kind of niche interest - but Santa knows me well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey Virginia, you've just given me a major flash back with the 'hot oat cereai' graphics - think I lived on the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a flippin' amazing book! I Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails