29.7.09

sardana






I've been screen-printing some of my Sardana prints. The Sardana is a traditional Catalan dance performed by young and old at village fiestas and holidays. The dancers should really be in a circle - but that didn't fit in with the composition! It is available to buy on my website and Etsy shop. The original illustration was inspired by a tiny village in Catalonia where we have a family house. We go there as often as we can and I'm really looking forward to some Spanish sunshine this year as just today the met office has announced that it's not going to be a 'barbecue' summer here as predicted but yet another wet, grey one, what a surprise! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi - just wanted to let you know that I've written a short post on this gorgeous range on my blog. I love this design - enjoy the sunshine :-) deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lovely things!

    Lucky you having a place to stay in Catalonia. I might have to go and have a bit of a sulk now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails